- the support given by a patron；the power to control appointments to office or the right to privileges
- 1. the support given by a patron the arts could no longer depend on private patronage 同義詞
- 2. the power to control appointments to office or the right to privileges recruits are selected on merit, not through political patronage 同義詞
- 3. a patronizing or condescending manner a twang of self-satisfaction—even patronage—about him 同義詞
- 4. the regular custom attracted by a shop, restaurant, etc. the direct train link was ending because of poor patronage 同義詞
- 5. the rights and duties or position of a patron.
- the support given by a patron: the arts could no longer depend on private patronage
Oxford American Dictionary