- a summerhouse or other decorative building used as a shelter in a park or large garden.；used in the names of buildings used for theatrical or other entertainments
noun: pavilion, plural noun: pavilions
- 1. a summerhouse or other decorative building used as a shelter in a park or large garden.
- ▪ used in the names of buildings used for theatrical or other entertainments the second concert at the White Rock Pavilion
- ▪ a detached or semidetached block at a hospital or other building complex.
- ▪ a large tent with a peak and crenellated decorations, used especially at a show or fair.
- ▪ a temporary building, stand, or other structure in which items are displayed by a dealer or exhibitor at a trade exhibition.
- 2. a usually highly decorated projecting subdivision of a building.
- 3. the part of a cut gemstone below the girdle.
- 4. British a building at a sports ground used for changing and taking refreshments.
- a building at a cricket ground or other sports ground, used for changing and taking refreshments.