- the pointed top of a mountain；a mountain, especially one with a pointed top
- reach a highest point, either of a specified value or at a specified time
- greatest; maximum；characterized by maximum activity or demand
verb: peak, 3rd person present: peaks, gerund or present participle: peaking, past tense: peaked, past participle: peaked
noun: peak, plural noun: peaks
- 1. the pointed top of a mountain the snowy peaks rose against the blue of a cloudless sky 同義詞
- ▪ a mountain, especially one with a pointed top the rocky outcrops of peaks such as the Cassongrat offer a challenge to rock climbers 同義詞
- ▪ a projecting pointed part or shape whisk 2 egg whites to stiff peaks
- ▪ a point in a curve or on a graph, or a value of a physical quantity, higher than those around it a slight increase in velocity provides a second peak on the general velocity curve
- ▪ the point of highest activity, quality, or achievement anyone who saw Jones at his peak looked upon genius 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ a stiff brim at the front of a cap. 同義詞
- ▪ the narrow part of a ship's hold at the bow or stern.
- ▪ the upper, outer corner of a sail extended by a gaff.
- 1. reach a highest point, either of a specified value or at a specified time its popularity peaked in the 1940s the rate of increase peaked at 34 percent last autumn
- 1. greatest; maximum he did not expect to be anywhere near peak fitness until Christmas
- ▪ characterized by maximum activity or demand at peak hours, traffic speeds are reduced considerably
- ▪ referring to the point at which the specified thing is at its highest level of popularity just when we think we've reached peak beard, the trend is showing no signs of slowing down
peak 和 summit 在指「峰頂」的意義上，要是先忘掉英漢字典的解釋，想一想一座山或一片山系的「山峰」和「主峰」就比較容易了解。 peak 是一座山或起伏山巒的峰頂，summit 也是一個 peak，但它是「最高的」peak...
這兩個名詞沒有關係. Peak time 就是 business time (商業時間) 一般指 AM 8:00至 PM 5:00 這...的是商業上的離峰時間. 是生活上相當常見的用詞, 如電費、電話費帳單上 "peak time" 的時段依契約以一般費率計價, 晚上減價時段的 "off peak time"...
PEAK 意指 高峰,頂端,最高點 OIL 石油,汽油 Oil Peak 推敲得知...話 A US expert panel says markets cannot solve peak-oil problems. 美國專家小組指出 市場無法解決油價上漲所引發的問題...