- hurl missiles repeatedly at；hurl (something) at someone or something
- an act of hurling something at someone.
verb: pelt, 3rd person present: pelts, gerund or present participle: pelting, past tense: pelted, past participle: pelted
- 1. hurl missiles repeatedly at two boys pelted him with rotten apples 同義詞
- ▪ hurl (something) at someone or something she spotted four boys pelting stones at ducks
- ▪ (of rain, hail, or snow) fall quickly and very heavily the rain was pelting down 同義詞
- 2. informal run somewhere very quickly I pelted across the road 同義詞
- 1. archaic an act of hurling something at someone.