- a piece of jewellery that hangs from a chain worn round the neck；a necklace with a pendant
- hanging downwards; pendent
noun: pendant, plural noun: pendants
- 1. a piece of jewellery that hangs from a chain worn round the neck a jade-green pendant on a gold chain
- ▪ a necklace with a pendant I slipped the pendant over my neck
- 2. a light designed to hang from the ceiling decorative pendants may need a special ceiling fitting
- 3. the part of a pocket watch by which it is suspended.
- ▪ a short rope hanging from the head of a ship's mast, yardarm, or clew of a sail, used for attaching tackles.
- 4. an artistic, literary, or musical composition intended to match or complement another the triptych's pendant will occupy the corresponding wall in the south transept
- 5. a tapering flag.
- 1. hanging downwards; pendent pendant flowers on frail stems
- a piece of jewelry that hangs from a chain worn around the neck: a jade-green pendant on a gold chain
- hanging downward; pendent: pendant flowers on frail stems
Oxford American Dictionary