- go into or through (something), especially with force or effort；(of a man) insert the penis into the vagina or anus of (a sexual partner).
verb: penetrate, 3rd person present: penetrates, gerund or present participle: penetrating, past tense: penetrated, past participle: penetrated
- 1. go into or through (something), especially with force or effort the shrapnel had penetrated his head tunnels that penetrate deep into the earth's core 同義詞
- ▪ (of a man) insert the penis into the vagina or anus of (a sexual partner).
- 2. gain access to (an organization, place, or system), especially when this is difficult to do M15 had been penetrated by Russian intelligence 同義詞
- ▪ (of a company) begin to sell its products in (a particular market or area) the company has succeeded in penetrating Western motorcycle markets
- 3. succeed in understanding or gaining insight into (something complex or mysterious) I could never penetrate his thoughts 同義詞
- ▪ be fully understood or realized by someone as his words penetrated, she saw a mental picture of him with Dawn 同義詞