- consent; authorization；an official document giving authorization
noun: permission, plural noun: permissions
- 1. consent; authorization they had entered the country without permission he had received permission to go to Brussels
- ▪ an official document giving authorization permissions to reproduce copyright material
- formal permission from a local authority for the erection or alteration of buildings or similar ...
- the action of officially allowing someone to do a particular thing; consent or authorization: they had entered the country without permission he received permission to go to Brussels