- cause (someone) to do something through reasoning or argument；cause (someone) to believe something, especially after a sustained effort; convince
verb: persuade, 3rd person present: persuades, gerund or present participle: persuading, past tense: persuaded, past participle: persuaded
- 1. cause (someone) to do something through reasoning or argument:
it wasn't easy, but I persuaded him to do the right thing
- 2. cause (someone) to believe something, especially after a sustained effort; convince:
he did everything he could to persuade the police that he was the robber
they must often be persuaded of the potential severity of their drinking problems
- 3. (of a situation or event) provide a sound reason for (someone) to do something:
the cost of the manor's restoration persuaded them to take in guests
- v.induce (someone) to do something through reasoning or argument:
- it wasn't easy, but I persuaded him to do the right thing
Powered by Oxford Dictionary of English 3e
...未來的發展的情形。 與前句he would start…………相配，文意上是合適的。 但如將persuade”說服”置於該句前，文意就不通順. 必須將”would”改為”to"，而he 改為...
查了一下 he's persuaded into doing sth and persuaded to do sth and...補充： 如果把句子改成 Mr. Wang will try to persuade his son into applying for jobs 就沒錯...
convince和 persuade是同義字, 簡單的說 convince和 persuade 的差別是:通常 convince 是要以證據,事實真相,或者是論點,理由來使別人信服."one persuades someone to act but convinces someone of the truth of a statement or proposition...