- the action of putting something in position or the fact of being positioned；the action of making an order.
noun: placing, plural noun: placings
- 1. the action of putting something in position or the fact of being positioned the placing of the lights
- ▪ the action of making an order.
- 2. a ranking one is given during or after a sports race or other competition the final placings saw them three points ahead
- 3. a post that is found for a job-seeker.
- 4. a sale or new issue of a large quantity of shares.