- a flat dish, typically circular and made of china, from which food is eaten or served；an amount of food on a plate
- cover (a metal object) with a thin coating or film of a different metal；cover (an object) with plates of metal for decoration, protection, or strength
noun: plate, plural noun: plates
verb: plate, 3rd person present: plates, gerund or present participle: plating, past tense: plated, past participle: plated
- 1. a flat dish, typically circular and made of china, from which food is eaten or served he pushed his empty plate to one side and sipped his wine a dinner plate 同義詞
- ▪ an amount of food on a plate a plate of spaghetti 同義詞
- ▪ North American a course of a meal, served on one plate I'll have the salad plate
- ▪ a flat dish, typically made of metal or wood, passed around a church congregation in order to collect donations of money they brought around the collection plates
- ▪ a shallow glass dish on which a culture of cells or microorganisms may be grown a tissue culture plate
- 2. dishes, bowls, cups, and other utensils made of gold, silver, or other metal an exhibition of the plate belonging to the college
- ▪ a silver or gold dish or trophy awarded as a prize in a race or competition she lifted the plate in victory
- ▪ a race or competition in which a silver or gold trophy is awarded the final of the Ladies' Plate at Henley
- 3. a thin, flat sheet or strip of metal or other material, typically one used to join or strengthen things or forming part of a machine he underwent surgery to have a steel plate put into his leg 同義詞
- ▪ a small, flat piece of metal or other material bearing a name or inscription and attached to a door or other object a brass plate with her initials 同義詞
- ▪ short for license plate
- ▪ short for home plate
- ▪ a piece of lumber laid horizontally along the top of a wall to support the ends of joists or rafters.
- ▪ a light horseshoe for a racehorse.
- 4. a thin, flat organic structure or formation the fused bony plates protect the tortoise's soft parts
- 5. each of the several rigid pieces of the earth's lithosphere which together make up the earth's surface. the Pacific Ocean plate
- 6. a sheet of metal, plastic, or some other material bearing an image of type or illustrations from which multiple copies are printed the correct alignment of the plates in four-color printing
- ▪ a printed photograph, picture, or illustration, especially one on superior-quality paper in a book the book contains sixty color plates 同義詞
- ▪ a thin sheet of metal, glass, or other substance coated with a light-sensitive film on which an image is formed, used in larger or older types of cameras.
- 7. a thin piece of plastic molded to the shape of a person's mouth and gums, to which artificial teeth or another orthodontic appliance are attached.
- ▪ informal a complete denture or orthodontic appliance.
- 8. a thin piece of metal that acts as an electrode in a capacitor, battery, or cell.
- ▪ North American the anode of a thermionic tube.
- 1. cover (a metal object) with a thin coating or film of a different metal she had already taken the coin to a jeweler to be plated the cylinder is nickel-plated
- ▪ cover (an object) with plates of metal for decoration, protection, or strength the ship is plated in the bows with steel eighteen millimeters thick
- 2. serve or arrange (food) on a plate or plates before a meal overcooked vegetables won't look appetizing, no matter how they are plated
- 3. score (a run or runs); cause (someone) to score Matt Wignot plated two of Clarkson's runs
- 4. inoculate (cells or infective material) on to a culture plate, especially with the object of isolating a particular strain of microorganisms or estimating viable cell numbers.
HOT PLATE 是吧 簡單的說 HOT 是熱的意思 PLATE 是盤子的意思 加在一起 叫做熱的盤子 當然不是這樣翻譯 這是一種實驗室常用到的泛用儀器 叫做是"電磁加熱攪拌機" 一般是用來作一些流體的加熱跟攪拌用
1. I meant please pass the plate of toast ---> 我的意思是請你傳一下那盤吐司麵包.2. Plate of toast...
...習慣上serving dish固定放在前面，不可以移動，也不可以拿起來。 meat plate和dinner plate指放菜餚的盤子，meat plate特別指放肉食的盤子。分菜時，meat plate...