- walk doggedly and slowly with heavy steps；work slowly and perseveringly at a dull task
- a slow, heavy walk；a police officer
noun: plod, plural noun: plods
- 1. walk doggedly and slowly with heavy steps we plodded back up the hill 同義詞
- ▪ work slowly and perseveringly at a dull task we were plodding through a textbook 同義詞
- 1. a slow, heavy walk he settled down to a steady plod
- 2. British informal a police officer a bunch of plods arrived, offering me a lift to the cop shop
- walk doggedly and slowly with heavy steps: we plodded back up the hill talks on a new constitution have plodded on
- a slow, heavy walk: he settled down to a steady plod
Oxford American Dictionary
...牠中途停了下來，打算睡個午覺，以示牠對烏龜的不削。 The tortoise plodded on and plodded on, and when the hare awoke from his nap, he...
From today, the National Flag will be flown at half mast for three days to lament flood victims. Two exhausted mules are plodding in a circle around a grindstone.