- take hold of (something) and quickly remove it from its place；catch hold of and pull quickly
- spirited and determined courage；the heart, liver, and lungs of an animal as food.
verb: pluck, 3rd person present: plucks, gerund or present participle: plucking, past tense: plucked, past participle: plucked
- 1. take hold of (something) and quickly remove it from its place she plucked a blade of grass he plucked a tape from the shelf 同義詞
- ▪ catch hold of and pull quickly she plucked his sleeve brambles plucked at her jeans 同義詞
- ▪ pull the feathers from (a bird's carcass) to prepare it for cooking the turkeys are plucked and cleaned by machine 同義詞
- ▪ pull some of the hairs from (one's eyebrows) to make them look neater whether you pluck your eyebrows depends on your type of looks
- 2. quickly or suddenly remove someone from a dangerous or unpleasant situation the baby was plucked from a grim foster home
- 3. sound (a musical instrument or its strings) with one's finger or a plectrum she picked up her guitar and plucked it idly 同義詞
- 1. spirited and determined courage it must have taken a lot of pluck to walk along a path marked “Danger”
- 2. the heart, liver, and lungs of an animal as food.
pluck fish bones把魚刺從肉裡面拔出來,通常用鑷子 remove fish bons把魚刺弄出來,弄掉,移除, 如果是老外弄...用鑷子拔掉 2012-08-19 13:36:15 補充： pull out拔出來 take out拿出來／弄出來 2012-08-21 00:44:20 補充： tweeze, pluck並不是少見的字喔 這裡的高中女生很多鉛筆盒裡面都有一把鑷子(拔眉毛用的) 下課聚集在一起討論how to tweeze out...
pluck carrot，pluck carrot，heiyo heiyo pluck carrot， ５５１ ３２１ ５５ ５５ １２１ little boy, come and help，come and help me，pluck carrot。 ５５１５５１ ５５ ５３２ １２１
John loves Mary deeply and he has finally plucked up enough courage to _____。 答案應是propose（求婚） 翻譯：John深深地愛著Mary，而他終於鼓起勇氣向她求婚 pluck up 鼓起；振作