- measure (the depth of a body of water)；(of water) be of a specified depth
- a plumb bob.
- exactly；to a very high degree; extremely
verb: plumb, 3rd person present: plumbs, gerund or present participle: plumbing, past tense: plumbed, past participle: plumbed
- 1. measure (the depth of a body of water) I plumbed the depth and found the bottom of the shelf to be seven meters down
- ▪ (of water) be of a specified depth at its deepest the lake scarcely plumbed seven feet
- ▪ explore or experience fully or to extremes she had plumbed the depths of depravity
- 2. test (an upright surface) to determine the vertical they are valuable aids in plumbing the frames and keeping the side of the ship fair
- 1. a plumb bob.
- 1. informal exactly a bassoonist who sits plumb in the middle of the wind section 同義詞
- ▪ North American to a very high degree; extremely they must both be plumb crazy 同義詞
- 2. archaic vertically drapery fell from their human forms plumb down 同義詞
- 1. vertical ensure that the baseboard is straight and plumb