- falling steeply；rapidly decreasing
noun: plunging neckline, plural noun: plunging necklines
- 1. falling steeply marvel at plunging waterfalls, hanging valleys, and secluded beaches a plunging ravine
- ▪ rapidly decreasing sleet, snow, and plunging temperatures also worsened conditions plunging prices are hurting revenues.
- 2. denoting a very low-cut neckline on a woman's garment form-fitting dresses with plunging necklines a plunging V-neck
- falling steeply: marvel at plunging waterfalls, hanging valleys, and secluded beaches a plunging ravine