- a substance that is capable of causing the illness or death of a living organism when introduced or absorbed；something that has a destructive or corrupting influence
- administer poison to (a person or animal), either deliberately or accidentally；adulterate or contaminate with poison
verb: poison, 3rd person present: poisons, gerund or present participle: poisoning, past tense: poisoned, past participle: poisoned
noun: poison, plural noun: poisons
- 1. a substance that is capable of causing the illness or death of a living organism when introduced or absorbed he killed himself with poison strong chemical poisons 同義詞
- ▪ something that has a destructive or corrupting influence meanwhile he is spreading his poison over the internet 同義詞
- 2. a substance that reduces the activity of a catalyst.
- ▪ an additive or impurity in a nuclear reactor that slows a reaction by absorbing neutrons.
- 1. administer poison to (a person or animal), either deliberately or accidentally someone had tried to poison me swans are being poisoned by lead from anglers' lines 同義詞
- ▪ adulterate or contaminate with poison he claimed the guards had poisoned his food 同義詞
- ▪ smear (a weapon or missile) with poison hunters would use the sap of monkshood to poison their spears he was once shot at with poisoned arrows
- ▪ prove harmful or destructive to the bombings poisoned the political atmosphere and deepened the social divide 同義詞
- 2. (of a substance) reduce the activity of (a catalyst).
有人知道What's your poison的出處嗎? What is your poison 這句...會聽到有老美這樣說 但現在 What's your poison 則被廣泛的用在不同層面, 有點類似 What do you prefer...
poison ivy 是指有毒的萬年青、長春藤之類的植物，學名叫做毒長春籐、毒三葉藤、氣根毒藤疹等。 itch 是指皮膚與這種有毒植物接觸時，起疹子而發癢。 全文的意思是，「接觸毒長春藤起疹發癢起來教人難受（或痛苦）」，或說「癢起來要人命！」
poisoning, poisoned中毒. 英文名： Barbital poisoning...毒害(DNS cache poisoning), 造成無法顯示網頁. 貝類中毒(shellfish poisoning)：指誤食有毒貝類引起的中毒症。毒素與食物鏈有關，由藻類產生毒素後，貝類...