- a person who claims to be poor in order to benefit from others
- talk disparagingly about；claim to be poor
verb: poor-mouth, 3rd person present: poor-mouths, gerund or present participle: poor-mouthing, past tense: poor-mouthed, past participle: poor-mouthed
- 1. a person who claims to be poor in order to benefit from others I am not crying the poor mouth but only telling it as it is
- 1. talk disparagingly about I used to poor-mouth corporate jets, but now that I've had the use of one I really appreciate it
- 2. claim to be poor the poor-mouthing museum is not exactly eager to publicize this good fortune
...place one's head in the lion's mouth 置身險境。 put on a poor mouth 【美】叫窮；以貧窮為籍口。 put words into (sb's) mouth...
...one’s mouth shut守口如瓶，口風緊12.laugh on the wrong side of one’s mouth=make a poor mouth=make mouths做鬼臉13.make somebody’s mouth water另人垂涎三尺14.open one’s...
doorman door doorbell scorbutus scordato score coordinate co-ordinate coordination poor poorness doormat boor boorish thor thorax thorianite thorite poor-mouth moor Moore More's law moorfowl mooring moorland sport sports sporty