- depict (someone or something) in a work of art or literature；describe (someone or something) in a particular way
verb: portray, 3rd person present: portrays, gerund or present participle: portraying, past tense: portrayed, past participle: portrayed
- 1. depict (someone or something) in a work of art or literature the ineffectual Oxbridge dons portrayed by Evelyn Waugh 同義詞
- ▪ describe (someone or something) in a particular way the book portrayed him as a self-serving careerist 同義詞
- ▪ (of an actor) play the part of (someone) in a film or play he chose Trevor Howard to portray Captain Bligh 同義詞
- depict (someone or something) in a work of art or literature: the author wanted to portray a new type of hero
Oxford American Dictionary
Think of how many vacation photographs you have seen that portray mountains. 有誰可以幫我解析這句ㄉ文法 這是一個祈使句， 省略了...
Hermes was usually portrayed wearing a broad-brimmed traveller's hat...'s spell. Athena is classically portrayed wearing full armor, carrying a lance...
I did this to accurately portray these sociopaths in a light that purposely contradicts much current academic thinking. 我這樣做，是從一個故意違背當今學界多數想法的角度, 去準確地描繪這些反社會病狂.