- consisting in or characterized by the presence rather than the absence of distinguishing features.；expressing or implying affirmation, agreement, or permission
- a desirable or constructive quality or attribute；a positive photographic image, especially one printed from a negative
noun: positive, plural noun: positives
- 1. consisting in or characterized by the presence rather than the absence of distinguishing features.
- 2. expressing or implying affirmation, agreement, or permission:
the company received a positive response from investors
- 3. (of the results of a test or experiment) indicating that a certain substance or condition is present or exists:
the positive results of a pregnancy test
a positive test for Down's syndrome
- 4. (of a person) having a specified condition, or showing traces of a specified substance in their body:
a player had tested positive for cocaine use
he is HIV-positive
- 5. constructive, optimistic, or confident:
there needs to be a positive approach to young offenders
adopt a positive outlook on life
- 6. showing progress or improvement:
the prospects for positive growth in the economy do not look good
- 7. with no possibility of doubt; definite:
he made a positive identification of a glossy ibis
- 8. convinced in one's opinion; certain:
‘You are sure it was the same man?’ ‘Positive!’ said George
- 9. downright; complete (used for emphasis):
it's a positive delight to see you
- 10. (of a quantity) greater than zero.
- 11. containing, producing, or denoting an electric charge opposite to that carried by electrons:
each battery has a positive and negative terminal
- 12. (of a photographic image) showing lights and shades or colours true to the original.
- 13. denoting the primary degree of an adjective or adverb, which expresses simple quality without qualification.
- 14. dealing only with matters of fact and experience; not speculative or theoretical.
- 15. relating to or denoting any of the air or fire signs, considered active in nature.
- 1. a desirable or constructive quality or attribute:
take your weaknesses and translate them into positives
to manage your way out of recession, accentuate the positive
- 2. a positive photographic image, especially one printed from a negative:
the photographic process involves separate runs with the red, green, and blue separation positives
- 3. a result of a test or experiment indicating that a certain substance or condition is present or exists:
let us look at the distribution of those positives
- 4. the part of an electric circuit that is at a higher electrical potential than another point designated as having zero electrical potential:
try linking the signal input directly to positive
- 5. a number greater than zero.
- 6. an adjective or adverb in the positive degree.
...95分到100分) 的水準的工作/作品. One plus one equal two. 一加一等於二. POSITIVE 可以說有自信的, 而且積極樂觀. 是正面的, 優勢的. 通常來形容一個人 ...
(1)positive和negative如果是解釋為"正電""負電", 則介於這兩者中間的形容詞是 neutral "不帶電的""中性的" (2)positive和negative如果是解釋為"積極正面""消極負面", 則介於中間的形容詞...
...for gram-negative microorganisms have a higher lipid content than gram-positive cells. Originally, both kinds of cells are...