- perhaps (used to indicate doubt or hesitancy)；used in polite requests
- 1. perhaps (used to indicate doubt or hesitancy) he found himself alone, possibly the only survivor 同義詞
- ▪ used in polite requests could you possibly pour me another cup of tea? 同義詞
- 2. in accordance with what is likely or achievable.
- ▪ used to emphasize that one feels that something is surprising, or bewildering what can you possibly mean? 同義詞
- ▪ used to emphasize that someone has or will put all their effort into something be as noisy as you possibly can
- perhaps (used to indicate doubt or hesitancy): he found himself alone, possibly the only surviving officer
Oxford American Dictionary
the "possibly could" is part of the secondary sentence "all that he possibly could"...
...副詞 adverb) 很可能 We will most likely be late. 我們很有可能會遲到。 POSSIBLY 也許,可能 (用於否定句、疑問句)無論如何,究竟 It can't possibly work...
possibly also has the love 可能也有愛 線上翻譯