- the official service or system that delivers letters and parcels；letters and parcels delivered
- send (a letter or parcel) via the postal system；(in bookkeeping) enter (an item) in a ledger
- with haste
verb: post, 3rd person present: posts, gerund or present participle: posting, past tense: posted, past participle: posted
noun: post, plural noun: posts
- 1. British the official service or system that delivers letters and parcels winners will be notified by post the tickets are in the post
- ▪ letters and parcels delivered she was opening her post 同義詞
- ▪ a single collection or delivery of letters or parcels entries must be received no later than first post on Friday, June 14th
- ▪ used in names of newspapers the Washington Post
- 2. historical one of a series of couriers who carried mail on horseback between fixed stages.
- ▪ archaic a person or vehicle that carries mail.
- 1. British send (a letter or parcel) via the postal system I've just been to post a letter post off your order form today
- 2. (in bookkeeping) enter (an item) in a ledger post the transaction in the second column 同義詞
- ▪ complete (a ledger) by posting transactions.
- 3. historical travel with relays of horses we posted in an open carriage
- ▪ archaic travel with haste; hurry he comes posting up the street
- 1. archaic with haste come now, come post