- come before (something) in time；come before in order or position
verb: precede, 3rd person present: precedes, gerund or present participle: preceding, past tense: preceded, past participle: preceded
- 1. come before (something) in time a gun battle had preceded the explosions 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ come before in order or position take time to read the chapters that precede the recipes 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ go in front or ahead of he let her precede him through the gate 同義詞
- ▪ preface or introduce something with he preceded the book with a collection of poems 同義詞
- come before (something) in time: a gun battle had preceded the explosions
..., formal writing would use 'before' sparingly (not as formal as precede). 2011-04-19 21:19:12 補充： the year preceding stroke (year before the stroke...
...吧~ 2008-10-07 09:07:34 補充： 剛剛查了一下字典, hillngreen說的是對的, during preceding 24h, 應該是指在前面的24小時之內, 所以整句來看, 如果對方句意沒有寫錯, 應該...