- the area within the walls or perceived boundaries of a particular building or place；an enclosed or clearly defined area of ground around a cathedral, church, or college
noun: precinct, plural noun: precincts
- 1. the area within the walls or perceived boundaries of a particular building or place a former MP who still works in the precincts of the House 同義詞
- ▪ an enclosed or clearly defined area of ground around a cathedral, church, or college the precincts of the abbey church 同義詞
- 2. British an area in a town designated for specific or restricted use, especially one which is closed to traffic a pedestrian precinct 同義詞
- 3. North American a district of a city or town as defined for policing purposes.
- ▪ the police station situated in a precinct at the precinct a desk sergeant ran through her ID
- ▪ an electoral district of a city or town served by a single polling station with 35 per cent of the precincts declaring, he had 51 per cent of the vote
- an area of a town restricted to pedestrians.
- a district of a city or town as defined for police purposes.
Oxford American Dictionary
...組長=Chief , XX Section副分局長=Deputy Precinct Director, XX Police Bureau...
Traffic Police Squad Taipei County Government Police Bureau of Yonghe Police Precinct
...對面 traffic lights紅綠燈 zebra crossing 【英】斑馬線 a pedestrian precinct行人專用區,機動車禁駛區 sign號誌 the one-way street單行道 Go along+路名...