- (in some schools) a senior pupil who is authorized to enforce discipline.；a chief officer, magistrate, or regional governor in certain countries
noun: prefect, plural noun: prefects
- 1. (in some schools) a senior pupil who is authorized to enforce discipline.
- 2. a chief officer, magistrate, or regional governor in certain countries:
each department is governed by a prefect appointed by the President
- 3. a senior magistrate or governor in the ancient Roman world:
Avitus was prefect of Gaul from AD 439
- n.in some schools, a senior student authorized to enforce discipline.
Powered by New Oxford American Dictionary
Question 1: Why do you want to be a prefect? Answer: I want to be a prefect because ... think one of the important part of being a prefect is that I get to meet different sort of people...
關於 present prefect continuos tense，A文法書上說： "We use the...英文真的是越學越混亂) 如果A、B都是對的，那麽present prefect continuos tense 的定義是... 一個從過去持續到 (現在/未來...
...before 7 o'clock. 03. “Don’t run along the corridors,” the prefect told us. The prefect told us not to run along...