- an instruction written by a medical practitioner that authorizes a patient to be provided a medicine or treatment；the action of prescribing a medicine or treatment
noun: prescription, plural noun: prescriptions
- 1. an instruction written by a medical practitioner that authorizes a patient to be provided a medicine or treatment he scribbled a prescription for tranquilizers antidepressants available only by prescription 同義詞
- ▪ the action of prescribing a medicine or treatment the unnecessary prescription of antibiotics
- ▪ a medicine or remedy that is prescribed I've got to pick up my prescription 同義詞
- 2. a recommendation that is authoritatively put forward effective prescriptions for sustaining rural communities 同義詞
- ▪ the authoritative recommendation of an action or procedure rather than prescription there would be guidance
- 3. the establishment of a claim founded on the basis of a long or indefinite period of uninterrupted use or of long-standing custom.