- an instruction written by a medical practitioner that authorizes a patient to be issued with a medicine or treatment；the action of prescribing a medicine or treatment
noun: prescription, plural noun: prescriptions
- 1. an instruction written by a medical practitioner that authorizes a patient to be issued with a medicine or treatment he scribbled a prescription for tranquillizers the lotion is available on prescription 同義詞 instruction, order, direction, authorization, informalscript, ... 更多
- ▪ the action of prescribing a medicine or treatment the unnecessary prescription of antibiotics
- ▪ a medicine or remedy that is prescribed I've got to pick up my prescription from the chemist's 同義詞 medicine, drug, medication, remedy, cure, ... 更多
- 2. a recommendation that is authoritatively put forward effective prescriptions for sustaining rural communities 同義詞 method, measure, recommendation, suggestion, advice, ... 更多
- ▪ the authoritative recommendation of an action or procedure rather than prescription there would be guidance
- 3. the establishment of a claim founded on the basis of a long or indefinite period of uninterrupted use or of long-standing custom.
- (of a medicine) available for sale without a prescription.
- an instruction written by a medical practitioner that authorizes a patient to be provided a ... he scribbled a prescription for tranquilizers antidepressants available only by prescription
Oxford American Dictionary