- the office of president；the period of a president's office
noun: presidency, plural noun: presidencies
- 1. the office of president the presidency of the United States
- ▪ the period of a president's office the liberal climate that existed during Carter's presidency
- 2. the role of the priest or minister who conducts a Eucharist.
- ▪ a council of three officers forming the highest administrative body in Latter-day Saints (Mormon) Churches.
- the office of president: the presidency of the United States
Oxford American Dictionary