- continuous physical force exerted on or against an object by something in contact with it；the force per unit area exerted by a fluid against a surface with which it is in contact
- attempt to persuade or coerce (someone) into doing something
noun: pressure, plural noun: pressures
- 1. continuous physical force exerted on or against an object by something in contact with it the gate was buckling under the pressure of the crowd outside
- ▪ the force per unit area exerted by a fluid against a surface with which it is in contact gas can be fed to the turbines at a pressure of around 250 psi 同義詞
- 2. the use of persuasion or intimidation to make someone do something backbenchers put pressure on the government to provide safeguards the many pressures on girls to worry about their looks 同義詞
- ▪ the influence or effect of someone or something oil prices came under some downwards pressure
- ▪ a sense of stressful urgency caused by having too many demands on one's time or resources he resigned due to pressure of work the pressures of city life 同義詞
- 1. attempt to persuade or coerce (someone) into doing something it might be possible to pressure him into resigning she pressured her son to accept a job offer from the bank
(1) under high pressure 可解釋為 在高壓狀態 / 環境下 with high pressure 可解釋為 藉由 / 使用高壓...有些差別 (2) S is the process of forcing Sth under high pressure into the Sth. 此句中的 under high pressure 為形容詞片語, 修飾前面的 ...
In physics, the pressure is defined below: Pressure (symbol: p...largely dispersed to result in a smaller "pressure(Force per area)" to your palm's skin while...
《pressure》vs《stress》 壓力 vs 應力 主動 vs 被動 本身作用 vs 外力造成 大氣壓力 vs 結構應力