- keep (something) from happening；stop (someone) from doing something
verb: prevent, 3rd person present: prevents, gerund or present participle: preventing, past tense: prevented, past participle: prevented
- 1. keep (something) from happening action must be taken to prevent further accidents
- ▪ stop (someone) from doing something locks won't prevent a determined burglar from getting in the guards threatened to bar the gates to prevent him leaving
- 2. archaic (of God) go before (someone) with spiritual guidance and help.
- keep (something) from happening or arising: action must be taken to prevent further accidents
Oxford American Dictionary
Avoid與Prevent這兩個字是意思完全不同的字。以下是Merriam-...其失效 (invalidate). 並且avoid的同義字(Synonym)中並無 prevent, 因此可證明這兩個字不能互相替代. avoid + 受詞 (N...
prevent一般通常很常見會加個介係詞 from 通常翻做避免..預防...防止 它也可以當及物動詞直接加受詞就可 例如: Who prevents their plans from being carried out? Vitamin...
...the government and relevant authorities to draw up some regulations preventing logging companies from abusing the forests. ...