- belonging to or for the use of one particular person or group of people only；(of a situation, activity, or gathering) affecting or involving only a particular person or group of people
- a soldier of the lowest rank, in particular an enlisted person in the US Army or Marine Corps ranking below private first class.；short for private parts
noun: private, plural noun: privates
- 1. belonging to or for the use of one particular person or group of people only all bedrooms have private facilities his private plane 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of a situation, activity, or gathering) affecting or involving only a particular person or group of people a small private service in the chapel 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of thoughts and feelings) not to be shared with or revealed to others she felt awkward intruding on private grief 同義詞
- ▪ (of a person) not choosing to share thoughts and feelings with others he was a very private man 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of a meeting or discussion) involving only a small number of people and dealing with matters that are not to be disclosed to others this is a private conversation
- ▪ (of a place) quiet and free from people who can interrupt can we go somewhere a little more private? 同義詞 反義詞
- 2. (of a person) having no official or public role or position the paintings were sold to a private collector
- ▪ not connected with one's work or official position he would continue to represent her in a private capacity as advisor and confidant 同義詞 反義詞
- 3. (of a service or industry) provided or owned by an individual or an independent, commercial company rather than by the government research projects carried out by private industry more than 1,400 state enterprises that were about to go private 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ relating to a system of education or medical treatment conducted outside the system of government and charging fees to the individuals who make use of it private education if I could afford it I'd go private
- ▪ relating to or denoting a transaction between individuals and not involving commercial organizations it was a private sale—no agent's commission
- 1. a soldier of the lowest rank, in particular an enlisted person in the US Army or Marine Corps ranking below private first class.
- 2. informal short for private parts
我想用另一種翻譯法會比較簡單易懂 Private -- 強調非公開的,不對外開放的 Personal...的(但不是你的) 如果你說That place is private. 那聽話的人不太會把你當成那塊地的所有人 如果...
一般來說 private services的確是私人服務和個人服務的意思 例子: All ... with a credit card. 所有私人服務的訂位在預訂時要使用信用卡 但private services要看你怎麼照句 因為它也可以變成特別服務(有性暗示) 在這邊...
private 私人的, 個人擁有的(但不表示只有一人主持, 也許是大firm) practice (醫生、律師...