- belonging to or for the use of one particular person or group of people only；(of a situation, activity, or gathering) affecting or involving only a particular person or group of people
- a soldier of the lowest rank, in particular an enlisted person in the US Army or Marine Corps ranking below private first class.；short for private parts
noun: private, plural noun: privates
- 1. belonging to or for the use of one particular person or group of people only:
all bedrooms have private facilities
his private plane
- 2. (of a situation, activity, or gathering) affecting or involving only a particular person or group of people:
a small private service in the chapel
- 3. (of thoughts and feelings) not to be shared with or revealed to others:
she felt awkward intruding on private grief
- 4. (of a person) not choosing to share thoughts and feelings with others:
he was a very private man
- 5. (of a meeting or discussion) involving only a small number of people and dealing with matters that are not to be disclosed to others:
this is a private conversation
- 6. (of a place) quiet and free from people who can interrupt:
can we go somewhere a little more private?
- 7. (of a person) having no official or public role or position:
the paintings were sold to a private collector
- 8. not connected with one's work or official position:
he would continue to represent her in a private capacity as advisor and confidant
- 9. (of a service or industry) provided or owned by an individual or an independent, commercial company rather than by the government:
research projects carried out by private industry
more than 1,400 state enterprises that were about to go private
- 10. relating to a system of education or medical treatment conducted outside the system of government and charging fees to the individuals who make use of it:
if I could afford it I'd go private
- 11. relating to or denoting a transaction between individuals and not involving commercial organizations:
it was a private sale—no agent's commission
- 1. a soldier of the lowest rank, in particular an enlisted person in the US Army or Marine Corps ranking below private first class.
- 2. short for private parts
我想用另一種翻譯法會比較簡單易懂 Private -- 強調非公開的,不對外開放的 Personal...的(但不是你的) 如果你說That place is private. 那聽話的人不太會把你當成那塊地的所有人 如果...
一般來說 private services的確是私人服務和個人服務的意思 例子: All ... with a credit card. 所有私人服務的訂位在預訂時要使用信用卡 但private services要看你怎麼照句 因為它也可以變成特別服務(有性暗示) 在這邊...
private 私人的, 個人擁有的(但不表示只有一人主持, 也許是大firm) practice (醫生、律師...