- an estimate or forecast of a future situation based on a study of present trends；the presentation of an image on a surface, especially a cinema screen
noun: projection, plural noun: projections
- 1. an estimate or forecast of a future situation based on a study of present trends plans based on projections of slow but positive growth population projection is essential for planning 同義詞
- 2. the presentation of an image on a surface, especially a cinema screen quality illustrations for overhead projection
- ▪ an image projected on a surface the band use stage projections featuring moon shots
- ▪ the ability to make a sound heard at a distance I taught him voice projection
- 3. the presentation or promotion of someone or something in a particular way the legal profession's projection of an image of altruism
- ▪ a mental image viewed as reality monsters can be understood as mental projections of mankind's fears
- ▪ the unconscious transfer of one's desires or emotions to another person we protect the self by a number of defence mechanisms, including repression and projection
- 4. a thing that extends outwards from something else the chipboard covered all the sharp projections 同義詞
- 5. the action of projecting a figure.
- 6. the representation on a plane surface of part of the surface of the earth or a celestial sphere.
- ▪ a method for representing part of the surface of the earth or a celestial sphere on a plane surface the use of different map projections