- 承諾; 諾言；希望
- 答應; 許諾；預報; 斷言
過去式：promised 過去分詞：promised 現在分詞：promising
- 1. 承諾; 諾言 a promise to do sth. 做某事的承諾 a promise of marriage/faithfulness 婚約／效忠的承諾
- 2. 希望 a promise of sth. 某事的希望 there is some/little promise of better weather ahead 今後的天氣有望／無望好轉
- 3. 成功前景 to show (great) promise 前景（很）好 a young writer of promise 有前途的青年作家
- 1. 答應; 許諾 to promise (sb.) that ... 答應（某人）… to promise (sb.) to do sth. 答應（某人）做某事
- 2. 預報; 斷言 the weathermen have promised us a sunny day tomorrow 氣象員預報明日晴天 we're promised more winter weather tonight 預報說今晚的天氣會更寒冷
- 3. 預示 the clouds promised rain 烏雲預示有雨 it promises to be a fine day/lively party 看來將是晴天／歡快的聚會
- 1. 承諾 will you promise? 你答應嗎？ but you promised! 但是你答應過的！
- 2. 前景好 to promise well 前景好
1. a declaration or assurance that one will do something or that a particular thing will happen
2. an indication that something is likely to occur
3. the quality of potential excellence
4. assure someone that one will definitely do something or that something will happen
5. give good grounds for expecting (a particular occurrence)
Promise n. (名詞 noun) 承諾,諾言 Give me your promise that you'll never be late again. 答應我你絕不再遲到了。 劍橋字典的解釋： *promise: when you say that you will certainly do something: I'll tidy my ...
...home from the office early today for keeping my promise. 或是I will return home from the office early today to...2006-03-07 09:27:32 補充： Not to break her promise to her son to arrive at home earlier today, she...
promise 是承諾，是現在式，而promised是過去式。 所以 John promised to give up smoking 的意思是說他"已經"承諾要戒菸。如果用promise...