- further the progress of (something, especially a cause, venture, or aim); support or actively encourage；give publicity to (a product, organization, or venture) so as to increase sales or public awareness
verb: promote, 3rd person present: promotes, gerund or present participle: promoting, past tense: promoted, past participle: promoted
- 1. further the progress of (something, especially a cause, venture, or aim); support or actively encourage some regulation is still required to promote competition 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ give publicity to (a product, organization, or venture) so as to increase sales or public awareness they are using famous personalities to promote the library nationally 同義詞
- 2. advance or raise (someone) to a higher position or rank she was promoted to General Manager 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ transfer (a sports team) to a higher division of a league they were promoted from the Third Division last season
- ▪ exchange (a pawn) for a more powerful piece of the same color, typically a queen, as part of the move in which it reaches the opponent's end of the board.
- ▪ enable (a relatively low card) to win a trick by playing off the higher ones first East will win with the ace and lead a heart, promoting the ♠9
- 3. act as a promoter of (a catalyst).
Promote Head Comfort 字面上是促進頭的舒適 但個人認為較貼切的...
... not advocate the use of violence. 這團體不支持使用暴力。 2. They promote the concept of environmental preotection. 宜改The concept was introduced...
promoted and non-promoted activities in the last 3 years. 在最近三年的促銷和非促銷活動