- make available for use; supply；equip or supply someone with (something useful or necessary)
verb: provide, 3rd person present: provides, gerund or present participle: providing, past tense: provided, past participle: provided
- 1. make available for use; supply these clubs provide a much appreciated service for this area 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ equip or supply someone with (something useful or necessary) we were provided with a map of the area 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ present or yield (something useful) neither will provide answers to these problems 同義詞
- 2. make adequate preparation for (a possible event) new qualifications must provide for changes in technology 同義詞
- ▪ supply sufficient money to ensure the maintenance of (someone) Emma was handsomely provided for in Frannie's will 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of a law) enable or allow (something to be done) the Bill provides for the setting of guaranteed service standards
- 3. stipulate in a will or other legal document the order should be varied to provide that there would be no contact with the father 同義詞
- 4. historical appoint an incumbent to (a benefice).
- make available for use; supply: these clubs provide a much appreciated service for this area
Oxford American Dictionary
發問者你好: 一.Providing意思為以...為條件; 假如….即為假設法結構︰*Provided...到今晚把手頭上的工作做完，你明天就可以休息。2.Providing it is bad weather ,we won‘t go to the...
大致上說來，provide/supply/offer 解釋為”提供”的時候，這三個字是同義字，差別在於句型...supply 偏向於所提供的東西為食衣住行等民生用品，而且是較長期的供應。 --> provide的用法 : 1. provide + 物 The restaurant provides good meals...
多數時候，provide something to/for someone 是沒有差別。 The agreement provided ... are considered. https://www.ldoceonline.com/dictionary/provide 若要區分，則 The hotel provides a playroom for children...