- prepare and issue (a book, journal, piece of music, etc.) for public sale, distribution, or readership；print (something) in a book or journal so as to make it generally known
verb: publish, 3rd person present: publishes, gerund or present participle: publishing, past tense: published, past participle: published
- 1. prepare and issue (a book, journal, piece of music, etc.) for public sale, distribution, or readership we publish practical reference books 同義詞
- ▪ print (something) in a book or journal so as to make it generally known we pay £25 for every letter we publish 同義詞
- ▪ make (content) available online a few hours after publishing the post I received a response from the founder of the company the photo has not been published on her Instagram account
- ▪ prepare and issue the work of (a particular writer) she is frequently published in literary journals and anthologies
- ▪ formally announce or read (an edict or marriage banns).
- 2. communicate (a libel) to a third party.