- 1. 向上拉; 拔 Don't try to pull up the plant! 別拔那棵植物!
- 2. (使)停下來 The driver pulled up at the gate. 司機在大門前停下車子。
- (使車輛)停下 The driver pulled up at the traffic lights. 司機在紅綠燈前把車停住。
- 改善自己(相對的)地位; 趕上 At first the new boy was at the bottom of the class but he soon pulled up with the others. 起初那新來的男孩是班上成績最差的, 但他很快便追上了其他同學。
- 【口】糾正某人; 訓斥某人 He was pulled up by the chairman. 他挨了主席一頓訓。
- 向上拉；拔 Don't try to pull up the plant! 別拔那棵植物！
- 拉高 to pull sb./sth. up the cliff/out of the well 把某人／某物拉上懸崖／拉出井 to pull oneself up out of the water 從水裡爬上來
- 停車; 停下 to pull up at the traffic lights 在交通燈前停車