- follow (someone or something) in order to catch or attack them；seek to form a sexual relationship with (someone) in a persistent way
verb: pursue, 3rd person present: pursues, gerund or present participle: pursuing, past tense: pursued, past participle: pursued
- 1. follow (someone or something) in order to catch or attack them the officer pursued the van a heavily indebted businessman was being pursued by creditors 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ seek to form a sexual relationship with (someone) in a persistent way Sophie was being pursued by a number of men 同義詞
- ▪ seek to attain or accomplish (a goal) over a long period should people pursue their own happiness at the expense of others? 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ archaic, literary (of something unpleasant) persistently afflict (someone) mercy lasts as long as sin pursues man
- 2. (of a person or way) continue or proceed along (a path or route) the road pursued a straight course over the scrubland
- ▪ engage in (an activity or course of action) Andrew was determined to pursue a computer career the council decided not to pursue an appeal 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ continue to investigate, explore, or discuss (a topic, idea, or argument) we shall not pursue the matter any further 同義詞 反義詞
... 英語霸 《朗文當代高級辭典》查出如下: 注意: pursue 是 2000 最常用字, 必學. pursue v [T] (即 及物...一種參與者必須回答許多不同題材問題的遊戲〕 補充: pursuer 追趕者, 追捕者〔指人或物〕 例: Luckily, ...
... the cat. 那隻狗正在追那隻貓 persue 有想達成的意思 ex.She pursued the goal of perfection in her art. 她的目標是追求藝術上的完美境界 ex...
...追求女性。court 有時候感覺上比較有心要追來當老婆。woo 比較沒有那種感覺。而 pursue 不一定是追女性，也許是「追趕」女性，所以要用 pursue 表示「追求」，要...