- 推遲；關; 斷
- 1. 推遲 she keeps on putting off going to the dentist 她一直拖著沒去看牙醫 the meeting has been put off until June/after Christmas 會議推遲至6月／聖誕節後召開
- 2. 關; 斷
- 3. 使反感 the very thought of eating snails puts me off! 一想到吃蝸牛我就噁心！ to put sb. off sth./sb./off doing sth. 使某人討厭某事物／某人／做某事
- 4. 讓…下車; 讓…下船
- 5. 取消與…的會面 she put him off with a vague excuse/promise that ... 她含含糊糊地找了個藉口／用…的承諾把他打發掉了 to be easily put off 容易洩氣
- 6. 干擾 to put sb. off sth. 擾亂某人做某事 any sudden noise will put him off his game 任何突然的聲響都會干擾他比賽
- 1. 離港 to put off from the quay 離開碼頭
...personal habits put them off. (O) His personal habits put off them.(X) His personal habits put his friends...
如題 - Procrastination / Put off 兩字之差別/用意 Procrastination 是拖延，自己懶得做的時候 Put...
1. He puts off the meeting. 他把會議延期. (現在式) He put off the meeting...的動詞沒有在分三單線，所以後者不用加s 2. He helps people and puts out fire. (←put要加s喔) 他幫助大家以及滅火. 關鍵：He(三單)是...