- (of organic matter) decaying or rotting and emitting a fetid smell；of or characteristic of rotting matter
- 1. (of organic matter) decaying or rotting and emitting a fetid smell a butcher who sold putrid meat
- ▪ of or characteristic of rotting matter the putrid smells from the slaughterhouses
- 2. informal very unpleasant; repulsive the cocktail is a putrid pink colour
- (of organic matter) decaying or rotting and emitting a fetid smell.
Oxford American Dictionary
At the time when we walked into that house, a rancid, putrid smell of decaying candies, snacks and garbage hit our...
...anaerobic therapy. Although there is less evidence, patients with putrid sputum or severe periodontal disease who develop aspiration pneumonia may also benefit from treatment...
... 1888-1964）的句子： T. Eliot tpp bard notes putrid tang emanating, is sad, I'd assign ita name； '...