- (especially of the earth) shake or tremble；(of a person) shake or shudder with fear
- an earthquake；an act of shaking or quaking
verb: quake, 3rd person present: quakes, gerund or present participle: quaking, past tense: quaked, past participle: quaked
noun: quake, plural noun: quakes
- 1. (especially of the earth) shake or tremble the rumbling vibrations set the whole valley quaking 同義詞
- ▪ (of a person) shake or shudder with fear he was a large man with a flaming temper and I was quaking as I ran to his office 同義詞
- 1. informal an earthquake a big quake east of the Rocky Mountains
- ▪ informal an act of shaking or quaking a little quake of delayed shock nudged her
...我真的以為我就要死去 The most deadly earthquake since a 1923 Tokyo quake,that killed 140,000 people. 最致命的地震發生於1930東京，有140,000人因而...
...39;clock this morning 新竹 於凌晨 2時 發生, 測出 震度為 4.1級. That quake was centered some 19-kilometers south-east of county hall, at...
Rulers of nations quake with fear as king demands their fealty, and they realize that their doom has arrived 國王要求各國統治者宣誓效忠的時候，他們都嚇得發抖，而且知道要大難臨頭了。