- the amount or number of a material or immaterial thing not usually estimated by spatial measurement；a certain, usually specified, amount or number of something
noun: quantity, plural noun: quantities
- 1. the amount or number of a material or immaterial thing not usually estimated by spatial measurement the quantity and quality of the fruit can be controlled note down the sizes, colors, and quantities that you require 同義詞
- ▪ a certain, usually specified, amount or number of something a small quantity of food if taken in large quantities, the drug can result in liver failure
- ▪ a considerable number or amount of something she was able to drink quantities of beer without degenerating into giggles many people like to buy in quantity 同義詞
- 2. the perceived length of a vowel sound or syllable.
- 3. a value or component that may be expressed in numbers.
- ▪ the figure or symbol representing a quantity.