- making little or no noise；(of a place, period of time, or situation) without much activity, disturbance, or excitement
- absence of noise or bustle; silence; calm；freedom from disturbance or interruption by others
- make or become silent, calm, or still
- 1. making little or no noise:
the car has a quiet, economical engine
I was as quiet as I could be, but he knew I was there
- 2. (of a place, period of time, or situation) without much activity, disturbance, or excitement:
the street below was quiet, little traffic braving the snow
- 3. without being disturbed or interrupted:
all he wanted was a quiet drink
- 4. carried out discreetly, secretly, or with moderation:
we wanted a quiet wedding
I'll have a quiet word with him
- 5. (of a person) mild and reserved by nature:
his quiet, middle-aged parents
- 6. expressed in a restrained or understated way:
Molly spoke with quiet confidence
- 7. (of a colour or garment) unobtrusive; not bright or showy.
- 1. absence of noise or bustle; silence; calm:
the ringing of the telephone shattered the early morning quiet
- 2. freedom from disturbance or interruption by others:
he understood her wish for peace and quiet
- 3. a peaceful or settled state of affairs in social or political life:
after several months of comparative quiet, the scandal re-erupted in August
- 1. make or become silent, calm, or still:
there are ways of quieting kids down
the journalists quieted down as Judy stepped on to the dais
可以的，因為它不只有形容詞也有動詞和名詞 (形容詞)安靜的 例：Be quiet!--->安靜! (名詞)安靜 例：I'd like a few hours of quiet.--->我想要有幾小時的安靜。 (動詞)使安靜 就如你所說的 Quiet!
翻譯: 安靜並不難 是要問翻譯嗎??
silent(形容詞)主要在形容(一個)人很沉默，沒有說話 quiet(形容詞)是在形容(一個)人很安靜，或者某個地方很寂靜...兩著意思不同。但如果是用來指"地方" silent跟quiet都可以指寂靜無聲的，如 The house was silent...