- a peculiar behavioral habit；a strange chance occurrence
- (with reference to a person's mouth or eyebrow) move or twist suddenly, especially to express surprise or amusement
noun: quirk, plural noun: quirks
- 1. a peculiar behavioral habit:
his distaste for travel is an endearing quirk
- 2. a strange chance occurrence:
a strange quirk of fate had led her to working for Nathan
- 3. a sudden twist, turn, or curve:
wry humor put a slight quirk in his mouth
- 4. an acute hollow between convex or other moldings.
- 1. (with reference to a person's mouth or eyebrow) move or twist suddenly, especially to express surprise or amusement:
his lips quirked disbelievingly
我的怪癖 :我怕垃圾桶裡揉成一大團的衛生紙 One of my quirks(twists) is I am afraid of those big twisted...
... Grammar of the English Language Randolph Quirk and others Longman 1985 ISBN 0-582-51734-6 總稱: ...
...學者是視介系詞＋名詞為介系詞片語，而非副詞片語的。請參見Randolph Quirk等人所著，Longman出版之A Comprehensive Grammar...