- a competition between runners, horses, vehicles, etc. to see which is the fastest in covering a set course；a series of races for horses or dogs, held at a fixed time on a set course.
- compete with another or others to see who is fastest at covering a set course or achieving an objective；compete regularly in races as a sport or leisure activity
verb: race, 3rd person present: races, gerund or present participle: racing, past tense: raced, past participle: raced
noun: race, plural noun: races
- 1. a competition between runners, horses, vehicles, etc. to see which is the fastest in covering a set course Hill started from pole position and won the race 同義詞
- ▪ a series of races for horses or dogs, held at a fixed time on a set course.
- ▪ a situation in which individuals or groups compete to be first to achieve a particular objective the race for nuclear power 同義詞
- ▪ archaic the course of the sun or moon through the heavens the industrious sun already half his race hath run
- 2. a strong or rapid current flowing through a narrow channel in the sea or a river angling for tuna in turbulent tidal races 同義詞
- 3. a water channel, especially one built to lead water to or from a point where its energy is utilized, as in a mill or mine.
- 4. a smooth ring-shaped groove or guide in which a ball bearing or roller bearing runs.
- 5. a fenced passageway in a stockyard through which animals pass singly for branding, loading, washing, etc.
- 6. (in weaving) the channel along which the shuttle moves.
- 1. compete with another or others to see who is fastest at covering a set course or achieving an objective the vet took blood samples from the horses before they raced two drivers raced each other through a housing estate 同義詞
- ▪ compete regularly in races as a sport or leisure activity next year, he raced again for the team
- ▪ prepare and enter (an animal or vehicle) for races he raced his three horses simply for the fun of it
- 2. move or progress swiftly or at full speed I raced into the house she spoke automatically, while her mind raced ahead 同義詞
- ▪ operate or cause to operate at excessive speed the truck came to rest against a tree with its engine racing
- ▪ (of a person's heart or pulse) beat faster than usual because of fear or excitement. 同義詞
都是跟種族有關 race 是用體色跟面貌來分別種族,race的意思比較像是人種.. 舉例: People...
I race outside. 可以用 I sprint outside. 這個可以代替嗎 回答: 不可以, 因為句子意思, 別人可能看不懂了. I race outside 是什麼意思? 我猜是我在外面賽跑, 如果是這個意思, 不能用 sprint 代替...
race = step on it = to act quickly, to move or progress swiftly = 快速的前行 race off = to get off quickly 一般用 "get off the bus" 意指 "下 (公) 車" 在此用 "race off" 強調其行動的迅速 中譯為 "他火速地 (趕) 下 (公) 車."