- a harsh, grating noise；a coarse file or similar metal tool with a roughened surface for scraping, filing, or rubbing down objects of metal, wood, or other hard material.
- make a harsh, grating noise；say in a harsh, grating voice
verb: rasp, 3rd person present: rasps, gerund or present participle: rasping, past tense: rasped, past participle: rasped
noun: rasp, plural noun: rasps
- 1. a harsh, grating noise the rasp of the engine
- 2. a coarse file or similar metal tool with a roughened surface for scraping, filing, or rubbing down objects of metal, wood, or other hard material.
- 1. make a harsh, grating noise my breath rasped in my throat
- ▪ say in a harsh, grating voice “Stay where you are!” he rasped 同義詞
- 2. scrape (something) with a rasp in order to make it smoother the horse has to be sedated for its teeth to be rasped 同義詞
- ▪ (of a rough surface or object) scrape (something, especially someone's skin) in a painful or unpleasant way the bark was deeply grooved, rasping her fingers
- ▪ remove something by scraping it off more enamel is rasped off the upper outside edges of the teeth