- a measure, quantity, or frequency, typically one measured against some other quantity or measure；the speed with which something moves, happens, or changes
- assign a standard or value to (something) according to a particular scale；assign a standard, optimal, or limiting rating to (a piece of equipment)
noun: rate, plural noun: rates
verb: rate, 3rd person present: rates, gerund or present participle: rating, past tense: rated, past participle: rated
- 1. a measure, quantity, or frequency, typically one measured against some other quantity or measure:
the crime rate rose by 26 percent
- 2. the speed with which something moves, happens, or changes:
your heart rate
- 3. a fixed price paid or charged for something, especially goods or services:
the basic rate of pay
- 4. the amount of a charge or payment expressed as a percentage of some other amount, or as a basis of calculation:
you'll find our current interest rate very competitive
- 5. (in the UK) a tax on land and buildings paid to the local authority by a business, and formerly also by occupants of private property.
- 1. assign a standard or value to (something) according to a particular scale:
they were asked to rate their ability at different driving maneuvers
the hotel, rated four star, had no hot water and no sink plugs
- 2. assign a standard, optimal, or limiting rating to (a piece of equipment):
its fuel economy is rated at 25 miles a gallon in the city
- 3. assess the value of (a property) for the purpose of levying a local tax.
- 4. consider to be of a certain quality, standard, or rank:
the program has been rated a great success
he rates the company's stock a “buy.”
- 5. be regarded in a specified way:
Jeff still rates as one of the nicest people I have ever met
- 6. be worthy of; merit:
the ambassador rated a bulletproof car and a police escort
key interest rate 台灣翻譯是：關鍵利率。大陸翻譯：主要利率。 各國都設定，調整 key interest...依循。 這裡(鉅亨網)有表列各國"關鍵利率"名稱和數值。 key interest rate 在美國財經網站的定義： What Does Key Rate ...
> 但是我不懂 at the prevailing rate...是指? Prevailing rate is the interest rate (your bank decide...21 11:56:30 補充： Yes, Lion Dude is right that the rate is NOT interest rate but the WSJ subscription rate. However...