- (of an angle) pointing inwards.；having an inward-pointing angle or angles.
- a re-entrant angle；an indentation or depression in terrain
noun: re-entrant, plural noun: re-entrants
- 1. (of an angle) pointing inwards.
- ▪ having an inward-pointing angle or angles.
- 1. a re-entrant angle a sharp re-entrant in a material causes a local increase in stress
- ▪ an indentation or depression in terrain they edged up a deep re-entrant to the top of the ridge
- 2. a person who has re-entered something, especially the labour force re-entrants who left to raise a family and are now seeking to get back in