- respond or behave in a particular way in response to something；respond with hostility, opposition, or a contrary course of action to
verb: react, 3rd person present: reacts, gerund or present participle: reacting, past tense: reacted, past participle: reacted
- 1. respond or behave in a particular way in response to something he reacted angrily to the news of his dismissal the market reacted by falling a further 3.1% 同義詞
- ▪ respond with hostility, opposition, or a contrary course of action to they reacted against the elite art music of their time
- ▪ (of a person) suffer from adverse physiological effects after ingesting, breathing, or touching a substance many babies react to soy-based formulas
- ▪ interact and undergo a chemical or physical change the sulfur in the coal reacts with the limestone during combustion
- ▪ cause (a substance) to undergo a change by interacting with another substance.
- ▪ (of stock prices) fall or rise in reaction to events, developments, etc.