- a cause, explanation, or justification for an action or event；good or obvious cause to do something
- think, understand, and form judgements logically；find an answer to a problem by considering possible options
noun: reason, plural noun: reasons
- 1. a cause, explanation, or justification for an action or event she asked him to return, but didn't give a reason I resigned for personal reasons 同義詞
- ▪ good or obvious cause to do something we have reason to celebrate
- ▪ a premise of an argument in support of a belief, especially a minor premise when given after the conclusion.
- 2. the power of the mind to think, understand, and form judgements logically there is a close connection between reason and emotion 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ what is right, practical, or possible; common sense people are willing, within reason, to pay for schooling 同義詞
- ▪ one's sanity she is in danger of losing her reason 同義詞
- 1. think, understand, and form judgements logically humans do not reason entirely from facts 同義詞
- ▪ find an answer to a problem by considering possible options she was growing too sleepy to reason it out 同義詞
- ▪ persuade (someone) with rational argument I tried to reason with her, but without success 同義詞
Reason 〔原因，理由〕(noun) is a cause, explanation, or justification for an action or event... ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ Reasoning 〔推論，論證〕(noun) is the act or process of a person who reason. 推論法...
... Advanced Learner's Dictionary) (2) reasoning reasoning noun [U] the process of thinking about something in...
cause可作為名詞或及物動詞, reason也可作為名詞和動詞,作動詞時可以是及物和不及物動詞. 及物動詞: reason: 意思...arrive before dark. 他據理地說如果我們七點以前出發,天黑前可能到得了. 常跟在reason後面的有out (推理出), 人 into (說服人做...), with人 (規勸). cause: 意思是引起...