- go or move back or further away from a previous position；(of a quality, feeling, or possibility) gradually diminish
verb: recede, 3rd person present: recedes, gerund or present participle: receding, past tense: receded, past participle: receded
- 1. go or move back or further away from a previous position the flood waters had receded his footsteps receded down the corridor 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of a quality, feeling, or possibility) gradually diminish the prospects of an early end to the war receded 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of a man's hair) cease to grow at the temples and above the forehead his dark hair was receding a little
- ▪ (of a man) begin to go bald at the temples or above the forehead Fred was receding a bit
- ▪ (of a facial feature) slope backward his chin receded sharply from his lower lip
- ▪ withdraw from (an undertaking, promise, or agreement).