- be given, presented with, or paid (something)；take delivery of (something sent or communicated).
verb: receive, 3rd person present: receives, gerund or present participle: receiving, past tense: received, past participle: received
- 1. be given, presented with, or paid (something):
she received her prize from the manager
most businesses will receive a tax cut
- 2. take delivery of (something sent or communicated).
- 3. consent to formally hear (an oath or confession):
he failed to find a magistrate to receive his oath
- 4. buy or accept goods in the knowledge that they have been stolen:
a man convicted of receiving stolen property
- 5. suffer, experience, or be subject to (specified treatment):
the event received wide press coverage
she received only cuts and bruises
- 6. respond to (something) in a specified way:
her first poem was not well received
- 7. meet and have to withstand:
the landward slopes receive the full force of the wind
- 8. meet with (a specified response or reaction):
the rulings have received widespread acceptance
- 9. greet or welcome (a visitor) formally:
representatives of the club will be received by the Mayor
- 10. be visited by:
she was not allowed to receive visitors
- 11. admit as a member:
hundreds of converts were received into the Church
- 12. form (an idea or impression) as a result of perception or experience:
the impression she received was one of unhurried leisure
- 13. detect or pick up (broadcast signals):
Turkish television began to be received in Tashkent
- 14. serve as a receptacle for:
the basin that receives your blood
- 15. provide space or accommodations for:
three lines are reserved for special vehicles, and the remaining lines receive the general rolling stock
- 16. (in tennis and similar games) be the player to whom the server serves (the ball).
- 17. (in Christian services) eat or drink (the Eucharistic bread or wine):
he received Communion and left
...前鋒 Offensive linemen，加上一名近端鋒接球員 Tight end receiver。前排的兩側，左右邊各有一位外側接球員 Wide receivers。前排...
I have received your letter與I had received your letter在意思...RECEIVED 是比過去是還要在過去的時間點所發生的事. 比如說 I have received the letter from Tom before I went to schoole yesterday. 一樣是...
...的發聲來表達，而且要藉助其四聲變化。 2015-02-16 17:54:03 補充： >另外received是收到還是被承認....?? 是收到. 被承認是recognized/admitted/...